Tuesday, September 7, 2010

We Are Loved

I John 3:1, "How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are!

I attended a wedding this past week-end, and, as with any large group, the people involved came in a wonderful variety of ages and sizes and shapes. A stranger to the family might see a baby with chubby cheeks, a tiny flower girl, shy and intent on dropping her rose petals just so, gangly adolescents with braces on their teeth, portly matrons bustling about serving the cake, barrel-chested men perspiring in their long-sleeved shirts and coats, gray haired elders stooped by time--an amazing assortment of human kind.

But that chubby checked baby is some mother and daddy's pride and joy and will have completely stolen its grandparents' hearts. Those who are gray and wrinkled and walk carefully and hesitantly are someone's precious and greatly beloved parents or grandparents or uncles or aunts. Each person is especially loved and tremendously valued. Every single one has a very special place in the family.

Our Heavenly Father loves and values each one of us even more, regardless of age, appearance, or handicaps. He made us as we are and has a special place and specific purposes for each and every one of us. You and I are highly valued and greatly loved in heaven as well as on earth. Never forget, for yourselves and others, "Jesus loves me, this I know, for the Bible tells me so."

Thank You, Father, that You love me when I'm good, when I'm bad, when I'm happy, when I'm sad--whatever my condition, you love me unconditionally. Let me never forget, regardless of what my circumstances might be, that the bottom line is that You always love me. And let me always remember that You love all your other children that much as well. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment