Friday, February 5, 2010

We would see Jesus...(John 12:21)

Several days before Christmas I set up a manger scene on a table in my entry hall. Mary, Joseph, and the baby Jesus were placed inside the stable. The wise men and some shepherds were gathered closely around the stable, worshiping the Baby.


My granddaughter, Mary Frances, who was three years old at the time, walked over to see the creche. She took one look and began rearranging the figures, pulling the shepherds and wise men back away from the manger. When I asked her why she was doing that, her reply was God's Christmas message to me. She said, "So I can see Jesus."


This was a reminder of how easy it is to allow other things to obscure our view of Jesus and how important it is to move aside anything that blocks our sight of Him.


Heb. 12:2, "Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfector of our faith...."


Prayer: Heavenly Father, enable me to clear away everything in my life that obscures my clear view of Your Son. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment