Friday, February 5, 2010

No Separation

Romans 8:39b, "Nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord."


It was a number of years ago. It was winter. The weather was cold and dreary, and the world was bleak and barren. I had a nasty cold, complete with runny nose, hacking cough, and achy body. I felt yucky, spiritually as well as physically.


My doctor had sent me to a urologist in Huntsville for some tests. I didn't want to be there in the first place, and feeling so awful didn't help. I was alone. At the urologist's office I was moved from room to room for different procedures and was shut in by a door each time. But I realized so personally that day that no door could ever shut God out. I had the clearest, sweetest sense of God's Presence that I have ever experienced. His promise that He would never leave me or forsake me is so true! He really is Emmanuel--God with us. Christmas is about the greatest Present ever given, but it is also about the greatest Presence.


There are places we are sometimes required to go that we would prefer to avoid. But wherever we are, our Emmanuel is right there with us. My verse for such times as these is Joshua 1:9. I first discovered it in the King James translation and memorized it in that version, so I give it to you the same way, "Have I not commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee withersoever thou goest."


Prayer: Dear God, thank You that nothing and no one can ever separate me from You. Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment