Friday, February 5, 2010

A Good Work


“…He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.” Philippians 1:6

I have met the world’s dumbest bird. My husband and I built a “get away” house at the edge of a wooded area. Everyday a male redbird would fly into our windows, time after time. He would thump into the glass, retreat to the porch rail or a nearby tree to rest, and then smack into a window again, leaving ugly streaks on the window panes. Whatever the bird’s intention was, his behavior was self-defeating, and he never learned to change his tactics.


Sometimes I, too, make the mistake of continuing habits that bring undesirable results. I eat the same foods and fail to exercise and still hope I will lose weight. I don’t want to make any changes or exert extra effort, but I want new outcomes. That’s red bird thinking. If I want my life to be different, my actions must change. Fortunately, the One who never changes is not only willing but desirous of changing you and me. Sometimes I feel like giving up on improving, but thankfully God never does. He is always at work in us to do and to will of His good pleasure, molding us more and more into the image of Christ.


Thank You, Father, even though I am not the person I want to be, neither am I the person I once was. You are truly working Your changes in my life, and as I look back I am encouraged to see real improvement. Thank You that You never give up on me. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment