Monday, January 23, 2012

Waiting on God

I must admit I really do hate to wait. It seems like such a waste of time. Think of all we could accomplish with the time we spend waiting. We live in a fast paced, instant gratification world with information overload. We are surrounded by noise and activity. I think our world makes waiting more difficult for most of us.

Have you ever wanted to tell people to hurry up and move along or give them a little push? Have you ever been tempted to tell God to hurry up, to get a move on, that time's a'wasting? I don't notice that He ever seems to get in a rush. Pastor Ron Dunn said, "God is never late, but He certainly misses a lot of good opportunities to be early."

If we want to be successful, we must do the right thing in the right way AT THE RIGHT TIME. And the right time is always God's time. Psalm 27:14 exhorts us, "WAIT FOR THE LORD; be strong and take heart and WAIT FOR THE LORD."

Father, may I exercise patience and wait for Your timing in my life. May I not get in a hurry and try to run ahead and do things in my own strength. May I stay right in step with You. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment