Monday, October 11, 2010

Prayer

James 5:17, "The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and wonderful results."

We know it's more blessed to give than to receive because the Bible says so and also because it's more fun to be on the giving end of life. We like to think we are strong and have abundant resources. It offends our pride to be poor and needy in any area. But, of course if there were no receivers, those who give would miss that blessing.

It is hard for me to share my weaknesses and imperfections. When I was diagnosed with endometrial cancer, I wanted to keep it a secret, but I couldn't because I so wanted and needed the prayer support of my Christian friends. And one of these friends said she felt she had participated in my wonderful pathology report because she had prayed so much for me, and she certainly had. I'm sure many others have that same sense of participation as well. Had I not been open with my need, they could not have shared in that victory. And had my praying friends not stormed the gates of heaven on my behalf, my news might not have been nearly as good! James tells us that "we have not because we ask not." God does indeed hear and answer prayers.

Heavenly Father, how I thank You and praise You for my friends who have prayed for my health and well being and for Your gracious answer to their prayers for me. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment