Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Look Up

Psa. 121:1-2, "I lift up my eyes to the hills--where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth."

I was taking a walk today, and it dawned on me that I all to often walk with my shoulders hunched over, my head down, and my eyes on the ground. This posture seems to suggest weariness or defeat or preoccupaation wtih problems. So from now on I will make a conscious effort to align my body language wit my faith and spiritual position. I will throw back my shoulders, lift my head, and turn my eyes upward toward my Heavenly fahter Who gives me confiidence, strength, encouragement, peace, and joy. I will also look out toward others who need for God's spiritual gifts to spill over from my life into theirs.

Father, thank You that I can be strong and confident and at peace in You. May my life reflect Your Presence in every way. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment