Sunday, August 4, 2013

Care Givers



Matthew 11:26,  "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."

      A caregiver is a person who provides direct care for children, the elderly, and the chronically ill.  This is the definition of a person who cares for someone who isn't able to care for himself,
      The term "care giver" has taken on a much deeper meaning for me lately.  On the last Friday in July, I slipped down on my porch and broke my ankle in two places. One-footed definitely isn't the same as being sure-footed.  In fact, I have suddenly lost most of my mobility and independence.  I feel like a turtle on its back with its little stubby legs waving in the air,  trying to do the most basic jobs of getting around.  I am learning to appreciate the "little things in life."
      I had no inkling that I was about to fall on that Friday afternoon.  I began searching right away for a person with caregiving skills and a care giver's heart.  How fortunate we are that God provides such people in every generation.
      Caregivers model for us the kind of care we find available for us in the Trinity.  When we feel overwhelmed, we always have a place to go for helpl

Dear Heavenly Father, thank You for always being available to Your children and for providing just the help we need.  Amen

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you as I am too working in a center where many elderly people are coming and our center is taking proper care of them.
    senior home health care assistance in tampa

    ReplyDelete