Monday, August 27, 2012

The House of the Loard


Psalm 23:6b, "And I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever."

John 14:2-3,  "In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you.  I am going there to prepare a place for you.  And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am."

Revelation 21:2-3,  "I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband.  And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying,  'Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them.  They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God.'"

Revelation 21:22,  "I did not see a temple in the city, because the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple."

     We will hear beautiful sounds from the heavenly choir.  We will see amazing sights.  The centerpiece of heaven will be God on His throne.  From the throne of God will flow the river of life, and a tree of life will grow on each side of the river and produce twelve crops of fruit.  The city will be surrounded by a wall whose foundation will be decorated with all kinds of precious stones.  There will be twelve gates, each one composed of one gigantic pearl, and the streets will be paved with glittering gold.  The things which God has prepared for those who love Him will greatly exceed anything we could ever imagine.
     Our loved ones who have died in Christ are there, and I expect that they will greet us when we arrive.  What a joyful reunion that will be!
     We will dwell in this wonderful place forever and ever, never to leave.  It will be a place of "no mores"--no more sickness nor sorrow nor pain nor death nor tears nor struggles.
     But the most blessed part of heaven is this: our Heavenly Father will dwell there with us, and we shall see our Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, face to face and have the opportunity to praise Him and thank Him for the cross.  It will be God's eternal Presence with us that will make heaven so very special.  The destination will make everything we have suffered in the journey of life worth it all!

Father, I think of Corrie Ten Boom's words, "The best is yet to be," and I thank You for all that You have prepared for the eternal future of all those who love You.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment