Monday, November 7, 2011

Remodeling

Romans 8:29 New Living Translation, “For God knew his people in advance, and he chose them to become like his Son, so that his Son would be the firstborn, with many brothers and sisters."

I am in the process of remodeling my kitchen and one bathroom, and I have learned more about remodeling than I ever wanted to know! It's a long process. One improvement highlights the need to make other improvements. When you think the end is in sight, there are still more things to be done. It makes a huge mess to renovate. When you have cleaned up one area and have one part of the process finished, you have to mess up what you have just cleaned up to work on something else.

The entire project takes much longer and is much more complicated than you anticipate. Much patient endurance is required. But I am hanging in there because I know I am going to love the result.

I, too, am a remodeling project. God took me as a helpless, hopeless sinner and began to transform me into the image of His perfect Son, Jesus Christ. This is a lifelong project. The entire process is much more complicated than I anticipated. Once I have learned one lesson, there are always more things to learn and apply. I will think I have gotten my life running smoothly, and another complication arises and messes up my routine. God stirs my nest time after time so I will learn new things and make further changes.

All of this process requires much patient endurance and trust on my part. But I am hanging in there because I know I am going to love the result. God will do His part just as He promised. I can count on that. Just as one day my house will look so much better, so much more like the ideas I had in my mind, one day God will really make me--and you--into the beautiful, glorious image of Jesus. Imagine!

Thank You, Father, that You are continuously working on us to transform us into the glorious image of Your Son. May we patiently endure the process and look forward with great anticipation to the results. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment