Monday, August 1, 2011

Anchored

Hebrews 6:19a, "We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure."

When I was growing up, I used to ride the merry-go-round on the elementary school play ground. It was anchored in the middle by a very sturdy pole which did not move. The merry-go-round itself spun so fast you could easily go sailing off, but no matter how fast it flew around, you could stay on for the ride if you held on tightly to one of the handles that rotated right around the middle pole.

The middle pole which anchors my life is Jesus Christ. He is the same yesterday, today, and forever. He never changes and never moves. No matter how circumstances whirl around me or twirl me around, as long as I hold on tightly to Him I can remain stable and grounded. As one song reminds us, "The Anchor holds in spite of the storm."

Lord Jesus, thank You for being an immovable anchor for my soul through all the ups and downs and changes of life. Thank You for giving me stability and security. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment