Friday, November 28, 2014

We Would Like to See Jesus

“…we would like to see Jesus.”  John 12:21

One year, several days before Christmas, I put a manger scene on the table in my entry hall.  Mary, Joseph, and the baby Jesus were placed inside the stable.  The wise men and some shepherds were gathered closely around the stable, worshipping the baby.  Some camels, a cow, some sheep, and a goat completed the grouping.

My granddaughter, Mary Frances, who was 3 years old, walked over to see the crèche.  She took one look and began rearranging the figures, pulling the animals, the shepherds, and the wise men back away from the manger.  When I asked her why she was doing that, her reply was God’s Christmas message to me.  She said, “So I can see Jesus.”

This was a reminder to me of how easy it is to allow other things to obscure my view of Jesus and how important it is to move aside anything that blocks my sight of Him.

Hebrews 12:2, “Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith…”

Lord Jesus, may I never allow anything to keep me from seeing you.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment