Sunday, May 13, 2012

Contentment


Psalm 23:1b,  "I shall not want."

       The Living Bible paraphrases "I shall not want" as "I have everything I need."  Amplified Bible translates it, "I shall not lack,"
and The Message version is, "I don't need a thing."  Philippians 4:19 says,  "And my God will supply all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus."  In other words, whatever we require, God will provide.  He will give us everything we need to fulfill His purposes for our lives.
        But for me there is a very important secondary meaning here.  I shall not want anything that God does not allow me to have, and I shall not envy or covet anything He gives anyone else.  I will not, by dissatisfaction with the way God has made me or the talents and gifts He has given me or the provisions He has made for me, show Him that I am displeased with Him or His plans.  I will try very hard not to complain and whine about the circumstances He allows to come into my life.  I will trust that He has made me just like I am and has given me the abilities and opportunities that are necessary for me to serve Him.
  I will seek to be a faithful steward of all the resources He has placed at  my disposal.  I will praise Him and thank Him everyday for lavishing His love and goodness and mercy on me.  Like Paul, I will choose to be content.

Father, thank You that You have made me like I am and given me everything I need to serve You.  May I be faithful to use well all the resources You have provided.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment