Monday, April 9, 2012

Finishing Well

From John 19:30, ".....Jesus said, 'It is finished...."

The hardest two parts of any project are the beginning--it's hard to make yourself get started--and the end. How many unfinished projects do you have at your house? I have quite a few at mine. Once we have pushed ourselves to get going and have used the momentum to do parts of our task, it's very important to finish well. The work we have already done may be in vain, may be wasted, if we don't finish what we started. Jesus finished well. He carried out to the fullest every assignment His Father gave Him. He did not leave any of His appointed deeds undone.

Once we have made the first step of faith and begun the journey of the Christian life, usually our excitement will create momentum that will carry us along the way for awhile, a bit like coasting downhill.

But there are uphill stretches in our lives, and sometimes we have to push with all the might we have to find level ground again. After awhile we may grow weary, may lose our enthusiasm, may drag behind.

But it's so important for us to finish well, to complete every assignment God gives us, to fulfill every purpose He has for our lives, to complete our journey just as Jesus completed His and was victorious.

Then we can say with Paul, “I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith." II Timothy 4:7

Father, may I fully complete everything You have planned for me to do. May I fulfill every purpose for which You created me. May I end well. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment